Over the past several months I’ve been busy writing a 2-part continuing education course on a strength-based approach to suicide assessment, interventions, and treatment planning. As you may recall, Part One of this course was published last May (see: http://www.continuingedcourses.net/active/courses/course114.php ).
Today, I’m announcing that Part Two, titled, Suicide Interventions and Treatment Planning for Clinicians: A Strength-Based Model, is now available. To check it out, go to: http://www.continuingedcourses.net/active/courses/course115.php
Just in case you’d rather watch a CE video on this topic, last year I also did a cool three-part (7.5 hours total) continuing education video on suicide assessment and treatment.with Victor Yalom and Psychotherapy.net. Here’s a link to that resource: Psychotherapy.net: https://www.psychotherapy.net/video/suicidal-clients-series
Happy Labor Day!
This past month I worked on revising our Suicide Assessment chapter from our Clinical Interviewing (6th edition, 2017) textbook so it could function as a stand-alone continuing education course. The continuing education course is finished and now available online.
The Learning Objectives include:
This is a beginning to intermediate level course. After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explore your own personal reactions to suicide and identify four clinician self-care strategies.
- Discuss and debunk four common and unhelpful myths about suicide.
- Describe evidence-based risk/protective factors, warning signs, and cultural issues and how they can be used to deepen empathic understanding of suicidal clients.
- Identify components of suicide theory that contribute to and guide suicide assessment.
- Provide a comprehensive suicide assessment interview based on a social constructionist model.
- Engage in decision-making with suicidal clients.
If you’re interested, here’s a link to the list of courses on ContinuingEdCourses.Net, with the Suicide Assessment course at the top of the list: http://www.continuingedcourses.net/active/courses/courses.php
And here’s a link that takes you deeper . . . all the way to the brand new 3 hour course, go here (I think you can read it for free and only have to pay to take the quiz and get CE credits): Suicide Assessment For Clinicians: A Strength-Based Model
Of course, if you’re interested in a three-part (7.5 hours total) continuing education video experience, here’s your link to Psychotherapy.net: https://www.psychotherapy.net/video/suicidal-clients-series
Have a great day . . . and keep on learning!